At Almond Care, we provide complex care in the home across the UK to support adults and children with conditions including:
- traumatic brain injury and acquired brain injury
- spinal cord injury
- cerebral palsy
- bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- autistic spectrum disorders
- respiratory conditions including invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- tracheostomy care
- neurological conditions, including muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis
- the unique care needs arising from their disability or condition
Our UK complex care services are tailored to the client’s specific needs, wishes and lifestyle choices. In developing care packages, we explore with the client, their family and commissioners issues including:
- how can we fit our care around established daily routines and lifestyles
- how much complex care is required, for example, a few hours a day or full-time live-in care
- how we ensure the client feels respected, cared for and independent.
By combining this information with a full clinical assessment of client needs and risk assessments, we are able to create a complete picture of the client that enables us to select appropriately trained, qualified and experienced staff to deliver a holistic care package designed to support maximum independence and quality of life.
Our trained, qualified and experienced carers are supervised by a specialist nurse with a critical care background, who will liaise with the client, their family and other stakeholders – such as a GP, the local primary care trust or hospital – to ensure that all the necessary elements, from equipment to a hospital discharge plan, are in place before the package commences.
For a free, no-obligation discussion about our UK complex care in the home for brain injury, spinal cord injury, long-term ventilation, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy and other neurological conditions, please click here or call 024 7610 2333.