Our healthcare training
In delivering complex care in the home across the UK, Almond Care places recognises that ongoing training is essential to support the highest standards of care.
To achieve this, we have invested in our own training division, so that we can offer a wide variety of healthcare training to develop the knowledge, experience and qualifications of our staff.
Our industry-standard courses cover a wide range of care issues and specialisms and are linked to the national educational framework, which means they can be used as part of evidence for Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) portfolios, with a certificate of attendance provided to all participants completing courses.
We can also work with local colleges to assist care workers in completing QCF qualifications by providing relevant training and support.
Almond Care’s courses are designed to be accessible, flexible and affordable with a curriculum focus on making learning new skills and fine-tuning existing ones interesting and enjoyable.
- Care of the dying and bereaved
- Dementia care
- Record keeping
- Pressure area care
- Equality and diversity
- Management of violence and aggression
- Continence care
- Food, hygiene and infection control
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding vulnerable children
- Customer care
- Person-centred awareness training
- Palliative care
Specialist complex care
- Spinal injury awareness
- Brain injury awareness
- Tracheostomy care
- Caring for ventilated adults at home
- Diabetes awareness
- Stroke awareness
- Basic life support
Health and safety
- Health and safety awareness
- Safer handling of medicines
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Fire awareness training
- Manual handling
- Insight into risk assessment
- First aid awareness training
For a free, no-obligation discussion about our healthcare training services, please click here or call 024 7610 2333.